Sunday, June 27, 2010

The neck is on, and more finish

I glued the neck on today. This morning, I clamped it up, and I removed the clamp tonight. I thought it might be easier to complete the finish with the neck on.

This way, I can work on the front, hang it up, then work on the back while the guitar is hanging there, and then work on the neck, too.




















Things are really looking pretty good overall. Today I also drilled two holes for the bridge.






































I'll probably glue the bridge on later this week.

Tonight, I touched up the finish. The guitar looks good in pictures, but up close and in person there are tiny little rub marks and I'm making myself crazy trying to rub them out. I picked up some turtlewax swirl remover which works pretty well in tests. We'll see how that goes.

The camera's flash makes the guitar look a little lighter than it actually is.


































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment