Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What will it look like?

Fred the kit builder's blog has an african mahogany guitar with dark bindings, and french polish.

It is here: http://fredkitbuilder.wordpress.com/2009/01/24/continuing-work/





























These pictures are not mine! I'm just posting his pictures here. It gives you a really good idea how mine will look, however. I could always swap out to lighter binding, or color the finish darker with dark shellac. All to be determined.

I do like this, better, though...it's a Santa Cruz 00 with a figured mahogany body. It's not french polish, but if I can figure out how to tint like this while doing tests, I would be happy.
















































I like the dark heel plate. That's a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment