The last time I glued a fingerboard I used titebond wood glue. This time, I opted for slow setting epoxy. Though I had good results with my titebond-glued neck last year, there seems to be a near-consensus among builders that there is a high risk of neck warpage due to the moisture present in a glue like titebond.
I masked off the neck to collect most of the squeeze-out from the glue. I purchased these circular clamps from an online RV supply website. They're the same thing that stewmac sells, only much cheaper from the RV place.
I was looking at the blue tape under all those clamps, and thinking to myself, that if I got any little blue tape pieces jammed inside of the teeny crevice between the neck and fingerboard, it would suck. So once I cleaned up much of the squeeze out, I removed most of the tape, and then re-applied all of the clamps.
I was kinda proud of how it turned out, so I showed it to Dylan (my 8 year old son) this morning. He pointed at the leftover glue on the neck and said, "wow, that looks really terrible. Oh well, you'll probably still be able to play it. I guess it'll still be useful."
Of course, glue residue sands off easily.
Here's how the neck-to-body fit looks so far. The neck will be glued to the body after the guitar's finish is applied.
In this picture, you can kinda see the slight "fallaway" I engineered into the fingerboard extension, the part of the fingerboard that rests on the body. This will allow for lower string action. Yet another idea I stole from Frank Ford.